Friday, April 27, 2012

It's about time . . . .

I've been thinking about starting a blog for sometime now.  And now that HanDen Studios: SAORI Weaving Peachtree City is about to launch, it seemed that this was a good time.  My reason for starting this blog is to share the SAORI philosophy with others; to be able to meet new people interested in SAORI, and connect with other fiber artists.


My first SAORI weaving. The piece of 
Driftwood is its permanent hanger. 


Of course, SAORI Weaving is not my only art form.  I also spin, knit, play with hot glass, and create jewelry.  I am working on incorporating the SAORI philosophy in all of my art.  



Hand formed fibula with Lapis bead

 Malachite Madness. This piece won grand prize in a jewelry contest the year it was made.

Howlite.  This one I kept for me!




And then there is Hanley's Art.  From Time to time I hope to feature his latest creations.  He is working on getting his shop/studio set up.  But here is a peak at two of his hats.


 Mini-Hat  Looks good on a shelf

Full Size Hat.  Looks good on your head.




Of course, every now and then, a post will be completely off topic. . . . .cause, well, that's life.


That's all for now.  I am new to this blogging thing, so please be patient with me.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I've been blogging for years and it has been very rewarding in many ways. It's fun to meet people from all over the world who love the same kinds of things. There are a lot of really great people out there. I love your work! So beautiful! I especially like the top two photos. So pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.